You may have heard that how you do anything is how you do everything. I believe this, and also believe that it applies to those working online. It is much easier to see what people say and do when they are in the spotlight of the internet. That is what I like about being online, because everything we say or do is transparent and searchable later on.
I do quite a bit of affiliate marketing, so I am able to see how some of the big marketers handle their business when it comes to paying affiliate commissions. Once someone does not pay me, or refuses to answer an email about this or anything else, I never promote them again. No one is so unique on the internet that they cannot be replaced.
The internet marketing circle is very small. It is smaller than being in show business, and that is a pretty tight group. You want to build a good reputation for taking the time to be there for your clients and your affiliates. If you are just too busy, hire people to help you. When I see someone who is trying to do everything by themselves, I know it is a control issue and that their business will eventually suffer.
The best advice I can give is to treat everyone fairly and with kindness, even if they are not well known online, or perhaps I should say, especially if they are not well known. You never know who they are connected with or if they will go on to become bigger than you are. Remember the Golden Rule and you will do well on the internet.

No comments:
Post a Comment